Our current project is in collaboration with Powercor in Weybridge. We are working at a food production warehouse in Derbyshire changing the traditional lighting in the distribution warehouse for LEDs with DALI controls.
The system will be fitted with sensors for each aisle but will also have a dimming option for the forklift operators. This will allow them to dim the lights using an iPad when they are accessing products on high shelves.
This project involved the use of high-access machines capable of reaching a 15m working height, making it easy to change the lights and the wiring for the DALI circuits at high level.
There are many benefits to using LED lighting over traditional lights.
- They are highly efficient and use less electricity, therefore are a cost-effective option for commercial use as well as domestic situations
- They are safer than standard lighting and are less likely to explode or cause burns as they are much cooler
- They are very sturdy and less likely to break. They can withstand harsh weather, shocks, vibrations and abrasion
- They are ecologically sound and don’t contain any toxic compounds. They are 100% recyclable and help to reduce your carbon footprint by up to a third
- They last on average 35 times as long as halogen lights, saving on production and material costs